The purpose of this program is to engage boys and girls in the age of 13 until 19 years old by playing soccer. The training and matches in a competition form makes sure that this group will be kept off the street during the evening and the during weekend. This avoids them from being busy with other bad behavior such as drugs and alcohol. In townships where daylight ends early, it is getting dark early and that is where some negative aspects of society come around.
The aim is to create league games in the different streams namely, Lulekani, Namakgale/Makhushane and Selwane. The league is intermitted with tournaments per quarter where winners and awards will be given. The league will be concluded at the end of the year with an Award ceremony which will recognize all the winners during the year.
Main objectives of this event includes:
- To organize both, women and men into a soccer completion in different towns and townships
- To inform, caution and motivate people to stay alive during the festive season,
- To also motivate elderly people to keep exercising keep physically fit and healthy
- To motivate the younger generation and to keep them entertained.
- To train referees and coaches on the rules of engagement of the game
- To have scouts and selectors visit the tournaments in the different streams