- Safe and healthy base
- Reception and acceptance of disabled people
- Strucutral local solution
Friends of Bambanani is committed since 2005 for the welfare of vulnerable children in and around the place Phalaborwa (South Africa). Meanwhile, the Bambanani network counts 89 schools with nearly 5,000 children to attend these schools daily. Along with the 389 employees at the schools these children receive day care, education, breakfast and a hot meal, but most important personal attention and interaction.
The aim is to develop all schools to sustainable self-sufficient school. A process that takes about 6-7 years on average, and that takes shape on the basis of the Bambanani five-step plan. How this works exactly, you can read here.
All principals of the Bambanani schools are united in the leadership group, which led by Florina (Lekang school). During those monthly meetings the following subjects will be discussed:
- exchange of knowledge
- sharing experiences
- common problems are addressed
- supporting each other
- a safety net for schools facing specific problems
- sharing the ubuntu principals, together we can achieve more
The Friends of Bambanani Friends do facilitate knowledge, experience and advice to schools constantly, and is mostly supplied by Pinky Khosa and Nyeleti Hlungwane. Both women operate from the Bambanani headquarter and are in daily contact with the schools.
- Outdoor design
- Vegetable gardens and food tunnels
- (Re)construction of school buildings
- Water tanks
- Clothing, toys and teaching materials